Chapter 16 - Act I - Part 1

BEGIN LOG

[06:46:18] GM: You sign up all your 'enlistment' forms and are slated to ship out to the nearby training facility where the requriters assure you you will 'learn what you need to become a member of the Sargharess Mercenary Union
[06:47:44] GM: Do you wish to continue Y/N
[06:48:02] 2LT Kain Crokett: Yes
[06:48:58] CWO3 Sarah: lol
[06:49:01] CWO3 Sarah: :)
[06:49:07] CWO3 Sarah: not much choice, so yes ;)
[06:49:13] GM: …
[06:49:17] GM: Okay
[06:49:20] CWO3 Sarah: hehe
[06:49:29] GM: a simple yes would have sufficed
[06:49:30] GM: okay
[06:49:31] CWO3 Sarah: (( I'm being silly. Relax ;) ))
[06:49:41] GM: offt
[06:49:43] GM: pfft
[06:49:50] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[06:52:19] GM: The next day you all shuffle off and are transported to another space station where you are told to muster at another gate, where you run into a lot more folks waiting around, most if not all are Trow females, some Trowassu, and a few Tokkalfar (grey and rust collred skin respectivly) There are some males, and all are rather on the large size.
[06:52:49] GM: ((all the males are on the large size rather))
[06:53:00] GM: Brutish looking fellows.
[06:53:42] GM: A pair of armored DI's make their way over to you and instruct you to halt.
[06:53:43] 2LT Komillia Maeless leans over to Suk, "Don't drop the soap."
[06:53:58] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[06:54:36] Trow: You there! This gate is for Sargharess recruits only.
[06:55:52] GM: …
[06:55:54] GM: okay then
[06:56:04] CWO3 Sarah: (( typing ))
[06:57:24] CWO3 Sarah halts properly as told, then raises her eyebrows at the statement. "Yes, that is what we were told, once we turned our enlistment forms for it."
[06:57:29] CWO3 Sarah: (( hehehe ))
[06:57:34] Febrith Nyx: What's a Sargharess?
[06:57:46] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) just hold out her orders.
[06:58:14] CWO3 Sarah offers out her orders as well.
[06:58:18] Trow snatches the presented orders and looks it over while the other one faceplams at Nyx's question.
[06:58:27] 2LT Komillia Maeless presents orders.
[06:58:30] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[06:59:31] Trow looks at the presented orders then hands them back, then looks at the one person that didnt give up their orders Nyx,
[06:59:46] Trow: You with them or just saying good bye?
[07:00:02] Febrith Nyx presents her orders
[07:00:15] Trow looks them over.
[07:01:59] Trow: Nona Station must be scraping the bottom of the barrel to make quota again.
[07:02:02] Trow sighs
[07:02:40] Trow: Allright you lot, move your ass over to Gate 4.
[07:03:08] Febrith Nyx proceeds to gate 4.
[07:03:15] CWO3 Sarah moves her ass in that direction, promptly, with the others.
[07:03:19] 2LT Komillia Maeless smiles and saunters over.
[07:03:19] CWO3 Sarah: (( hehe ))
[07:03:41] Trow regards the salute quizically.
[07:03:46] Trow: The fuck is that supposed to be?
[07:04:13] GM: ((nm))
[07:04:22] CWO3 Sarah: (( hehe ))
[07:04:32] CWO3 Sarah: (( was gonna ask ;;) ))
[07:04:35] CWO3 Sarah: (( ;) too ))
[07:05:48] GM: You make your way over to Gate 4, and unless you specifically sticke up a conversation, you are ignored until it comes time to board at which point the DI types hustle and muscle you aboard , telling you to sit back shut up and enjoy the ride.
[07:07:39] CWO3 Sarah: (( hehe ))
[07:08:04] GM: Some hours later your shuttle decends and deposits you onto a cold world with hardscrabble terrain complete with a few rocky mountain ranges and forests.
[07:08:52] GM: You are broken up into groups by a gaggle of waiting DI's as perimeter spot lights illuminate the darkness.
[07:09:50] GM: Having gone thru basic training before (all but Sarah) you know the drill and are able to play the game.
[07:10:10] GM: Sarah, having never been thru a boot camp has a harder time of it.
[07:11:07] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[07:11:43] GM: You are given uniforms of red and black, assigned barracks and are generally put thru the ringer for first night,
[07:12:54] GM: I'm not going to go thru the minutia, so, unless there is something specific you want to do or say…
[07:13:20] CWO3 Sarah: (( hehe ))
[07:13:31] 2LT Komillia Maeless: ((and relive basic? No thanks.))
[07:13:49] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[07:15:07] GM: You are given the history of the 'Company' and are drilled in the lingua franca, and after a week or so, it becomes obvious to the DI's that you all have had some prior military training, and as such are pulled out of the newb's and slotted in with another class further along in the track.
[07:16:02] GM: Although you do still have to return to the newb side to continue your language courses…
[07:17:24] GM: at the end of four week, you get to do a fun 120 mile hike with full kit, which takes a few days, and are then graduated.
[07:18:10] GM: you may select One (1) modern WP of choice excluding sharpshooting or starship weaponry
[07:18:39] GM: You amy also take the Language and Literacy Chellic, at level 1
[07:18:50] CWO3 Sarah: (( hehehe. k ))
[07:21:01] GM: So, where do you want to go from here?
[07:21:47] 2LT Komillia Maeless: ((WP Shotgun for Komi, WP Energy Rifle for Nyx))
[07:22:55] 2LT Komillia Maeless looks over the assignments issuance. "So do you think we'll get dropped into a desert next?"
[07:24:32] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): I'm less worried about location then the amount of 'prize money' we can acquire in the least amount of time. As it stands, our initial stipand will cover Balaa and the engineers expences for maybe another two weeks, let alone start work on the parts we need.
[07:25:00] GM: ((afk bio))
[07:25:43] Febrith Nyx: "Ah, and I was hoping to get one of those electric razor thingies."
[07:26:08] CWO3 Sarah glances to Suki and nods slightly. "Great."
[07:30:42] 2LT Komillia Maeless: "So do we pick a job or get issued one? I couldn't quite understand the Chellic of the intructor at the time."
[07:30:42] GM: ((back))
[07:30:49] CWO3 Sarah: (( wb ))
[07:32:27] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): I'm sure if we ask for the most dangerous ones, which have the best shot of higher prize count, they wont object. If we dont, we might get shuffled off to some low intensity drudge assignement.
[07:33:08] Febrith Nyx: "Sounds like a plan to me."
[07:33:47] CWO3 Sarah nods a little at that.
[07:35:52] GM: After requesting a posting to an area with a 'higher then usual ops tempo' you are issued your kit, (uniform etc, and a rifle)
[07:39:19] 2LT Komillia Maeless: "It feels wierd not to be wearing a UEEF uniform."
[07:39:40] GM: You and a few others are then flown out to the sector HQ along the Trow/Bondar frontier.
[07:39:54] CWO3 Sarah nods a little at that. "It's not forever, hopefully, so…" She shrugs and smiles.
[07:40:13] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): The color is a bit off, but, it sure fits the same.
[07:40:30] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) pulls at the near skin tight fabric.
[07:41:32] CWO3 Sarah shifts a little in it, laughing softly and nodding.
[07:42:51] GM: The base you land at is delapidated yet functional with a flight line and motor pool.
[07:43:00] GM: brb
[07:44:04] Febrith Nyx: "What no truffle ganauche? I guess I really do need to reearn my stripes."
[07:50:07] GM: Speaking of Stripes, all of you wear the single stripe of a buck private.
[07:50:25] GM: ((or whatever the local equvilant is))
[07:50:53] CWO3 Sarah: (( herhehe ))
[07:51:32] Febrith Nyx: ((Fantastic Ranksism!))
[07:51:50] Pvt. Sarah: (( wee ;) ))
[07:53:48] GM: You are shown off the pad and are taken into a briefing room, which is as delapidated as the rest of the base. there you are briefed on the local situation, in a nutshell, the Bondar and the Trow have been at odds for darn near a century, ever since the two factions came into contact. The Bondar like to raid shipping, and generally rape pillage and loot and occasilannly raid Trow holdings for goddies and slaves.
[07:54:36] GM: The Trow on the other hand returns the favor every chance they get.
[07:55:42] GM: It's dog eat dog out here, and neither side really gives a crap about any 'humanitarin' rules of engagement, the ends justify the means,
[07:58:44] GM: You are then assigned to a Platoon,
[08:00:52] GM: In the grand scheme of things you are Fireteam C, 1st Squad 4th Platoon K Company, 1099th Brigade
[08:01:57] GM: You get to putter about base for a day or so before a shuttle take you off to 4th Platoons area.
[08:02:43] GM: All of you have seen better encampments, and some worse, but not many.
[08:04:47] 2LT Komillia Maeless looks for where they are supposed to bunk down to stow her gear before finding her place on the front. ASsuming she isn't meant to keep her gear on her at all times.
[08:05:51] GM: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/19/18132/Firebase.jpg
[08:06:05] GM: (9taht image is as good as any to convey the general feel of the location))
[08:07:20] Pvt. Sarah: (( lol ))
[08:08:51] 2LT Komillia Maeless: ((nod))
[08:08:56] GM: You are met by a husky Trow Sgt who looks, depressed, now that she see's the new meat.
[08:09:40] Febrith Nyx evaluates exactly how bad the mental state is. [1d20] => [16] = (16) PERC, [1d100] => [83] = (83) vs 63 Psychology
[08:09:47] Febrith Nyx: ((gah!))
[08:09:48] Trow: Sent me a bunch of midgets.
[08:10:18] GM: Nyx, the overall 'pulse' of the camp from first blush is slovenly.
[08:10:55] GM: Beyond that, you cant get a decent read, mainly due to cultural differances, but you figure with enough time, you'll figure it out.
[08:12:31] Sgt. Malika: I guess you are my new fireteam, well, come on…
[08:13:43] Sgt. Malika leads you off the and pasta mortar pit with a trio of Trow playing cards in.
[08:14:31] 2LT Komillia Maeless: "I guess some things never change."
[08:14:48] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) nods in agreement.
[08:15:21] CWO3 Sarah laughs just a little.
[08:15:47] Sgt. Malika shows you around the firebase and to your sleeping tent.
[08:17:30] Sgt. Malika: Okay, so, the Bondar like to use this area as a pitstop , and they have a few redoubts in the vacinity. What we do here, is basically keep an eye on things, and conduct harassment raids.
[08:19:33] 2LT Komillia Maeless: "Just harassment raids? We don't get to blow up one of their ships, or liberate some of your people, or…" Komi continues on using some of Noble's ACTUAL deeds in generic form as examples.
[08:19:54] Sgt. Malika: Fresh out of boot huh?
[08:20:39] Sgt. Malika: Anyway, settle in, we'll figure out something for you to do.
[08:20:45] 2LT Komillia Maeless: "Your book camp, yes."
[08:22:05] GM: You settle in and hit the chowline later on.
[08:23:14] GM: As you sit and eat another Trow walks past and takes the dinner roll off of [1d4] => [2] = (2) 1 komi, 2 nyx, 3 Sarah, 4 Suki's … plate.
[08:24:11] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) looks up as the Trow takes Nyk's noms.
[08:24:21] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): (Nyx's)
[08:24:34] CWO3 Sarah blinks just a little at the theft, narrowing eyes slightly.
[08:28:55] CWO3 Sarah: (( uhoh. ))
[08:29:06] Febrith Nyx smiles warmly at the Trow, "You know if you don't return that I could inflict all manner of terror on you while you sleep." Nyx goes on to describe some of the things she could do. [1d100] => [66] = (66) vs 63 Psych Warfare
[08:29:15] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[08:29:17] Febrith Nyx: ((I'm going to grind these dice…))
[08:29:22] CWO3 Sarah: (( night of the failed rolls ))
[08:29:46] Trow laughs and walks away, taking a bite out of the bread roll.
[08:30:21] Trow walks past Sarah and Suki who are looking at her and sneers.
[08:30:30] Trow: What're you lookin at bitch?
[08:31:48] 2LT Komillia Maeless: "A dead woman."
[08:32:31] GM: A few other Trwo make mocking Ooooo sounds and snicker.
[08:34:37] GM: The Trow walks off and sits by a few of her friends who exchange a few backslaps.
[08:38:26] Febrith Nyx: If these are anything like the people back on my world, it would be best to get some form of revenge that they would know is us without being traceable to us. Rather than starting a fight now.
[08:38:32] Febrith Nyx: We'd get more of a rep.
[08:39:26] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) just eats her food silently.
[08:41:17] GM: ((waiting on whatever it is Sarah is typing before I move on))
[08:41:56] CWO3 Sarah narrows her eyes a little bit at that, and eats, sighing and shaking her head slightly.
[08:41:57] CWO3 Sarah: (( sry ))
[08:42:17] GM: The next day yall are put out on a foot patrol.
[08:44:11] Febrith Nyx analyzes the area for enemy activity. [1d20] => [15] = (15) PERC, [1d100] => [63] = (63) vs 59 Intelligence
[08:44:53] CWO3 Sarah does the foot patrol march thing, watching for anything suspicious. [1d20+1] => [4,1] = (5) perc, [1d100] => [6] = (6) vs. 85% detect ambush, [1d100] => [62] = (62) vs. 80% detect concealment
[08:45:04] CWO3 Sarah: (( ow at perc, but woot at others. ))
[08:46:33] 2LT Komillia Maeless keeps her own look out, "I wish we had our Cycs." [1d20] => [8] = (8) PERC
[08:46:41] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): [1d100] => [41] = (41) Intell vs 80% , [1d100] => [51] = (51) DA vs 98%, [1d100] => [88] = (88) DC vs 98%, [1d100] => [36] = (36) Theater Warfare: Ground vs 53%
[08:49:01] GM: Sarah and Suki you note a hidden sensor cluster of some sort, about part way up a tree.
[08:50:00] CWO3 Sarah blinks and frowns at the sensor cluster, looking to the others and nodding her head up towards it, murmuring softly. "Someone's watching…"
[08:50:31] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) nods
[08:50:41] 2LT Komillia Maeless: I could climb up and see who?
[08:50:54] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Do it.
[08:51:01] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) posts overwatch
[08:51:42] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) places Sarah and Nyx where she wants em as well, to provide overwatch
[08:51:43] 2LT Komillia Maeless climbs the tree. [1d100] => [27] = (27) vs 80
[08:52:35] GM: You get up to and around behind the sensor and note it isn't really looking at the pathway, but from this height, it's got a great view of the firebase.
[08:53:11] 2LT Komillia Maeless: "Hey it's looking at the fire base. Take it out?"
[08:53:32] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) nods.
[08:53:39] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Kill it.
[08:54:24] 2LT Komillia Maeless gets down, points her rifle at the sensor array and shoots it. [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20)
[08:55:01] GM: Th single shot rings out and the sendor is fried.
[08:56:22] GM: The radio crackles to life a few seconds later.
[08:56:46] Sgt. Malika: Team C, what was that?
[08:56:59] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Remote sesnor, we took it out.
[08:57:27] Sgt. Malika: Remote…why didnt you call that in first?
[08:57:37] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) facepalms.
[08:58:03] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Becuase it might have been listning…Sarge.
[08:58:16] Sgt. Malika: …
[08:58:45] Sgt. Malika: Fine, just, dont let it happen again fresh meat.
[08:59:06] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) closes the line with rolled eyes.
[08:59:38] 2LT Komillia Maeless waits until the radio is off, "They aren't the sharpest of tools are they?"
[08:59:48] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) shakes her head.
[08:59:52] CWO3 Sarah: "Yeah, radio it in and watch her send someone with 'more experience' supposedly to handle it."
[08:59:59] CWO3 Sarah rolls her eyes.
**
[09:00:03] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) snerks.
[09:00:07] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): If only they knew.
[09:01:15] 2LT Komillia Maeless: I give it a week before we're forced to save them in a spectacular way.
[09:01:19] GM: Based on the prevois roll, you figure beyond the obvious, the enemy is is watching your post, and the posts complacency is making it all that much easier.
[09:02:57] GM: Suki, based on your Theater Warfare roll, you realize (and pass along to the group) that based on the force posture here, the enemy likly has more valuable targets furhter afield then the one this post is aware of.
[09:05:40] GM: The Intell roll she made results are, and she passes those along as well, are… kill enough of the sensors you know are likely to be out here, and eventually someone will have to pop on by to replace them…
[09:05:41] Febrith Nyx: Their is the other, admittedly unlikely scenario, that our base camp is bait.
[09:06:03] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): There is that scenarios as well, yes.
[09:06:32] CWO3 Sarah: "there's a cheery thought." She shrugs and sighs.
[09:07:02] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Well if we are bait, then, lets be good little worms and wriggle a bit.
[09:07:24] CWO3 Sarah laughs at that and nods.
[09:07:47] Febrith Nyx: Provoke their move? Ooooh, I like.
[09:08:02] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) nods and smiles a toothy grin
[09:08:33] CWO3 Sarah: "In order to prevent the harassment division yelling at us from 'on high' again, suggest we do it in more quiet ways than guns, for the rest, but yeah." she smiles very sweetly.
[09:09:20] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): I agree, but first, lets poke out the enemy's eyes, and see what that stirs up.
[09:10:37] GM: All roll some more percs, and Detect's if you have them
[09:11:05] GM: [1d100] => [34] = (34) DC vs 98% [1d20+5] => [16,5] = (21) Perc
[09:11:20] Febrith Nyx: [1d20] => [5] = (5)
[09:11:24] 2LT Komillia Maeless: [1d20] => [15] = (15)
[09:11:32] CWO3 Sarah: [1d20+1] => [6,1] = (7) perc, [1d100] => [68] = (68) vs. 85% (DA), [1d100] => [16] = (16) DC 80%
[09:12:05] GM: In the space of [1d4] => [4] = (4) days of foot patrols you locate [1d10+5] => [3,5] = (8) more sensors.
[09:12:34] GM: Intell rolls from those that have it
[09:12:43] GM: [1d100] => [37] = (37) vs 80
[09:13:23] Febrith Nyx: [1d100] => [81] = (81) vs 59
[09:13:49] GM: Suki is able to note that the last sensor you popped was recently emplaced.
[09:14:44] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) does also by the way, take her time to teach Nyx her tradecraft, in a manner that isn't condecending or anything.
[09:15:57] GM: Instructing her in the telltales of modern methods , that she wouldn't have been exposed to on her wrold where such devices dont exsist.
[09:16:14] Febrith Nyx grings at the teaching.
[09:16:52] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): So, seems we have our Tangos out replacing what we took out.
[09:17:35] GM: Meanwhile, over those four days, [1d4] => [1] = (1) ends up with a personal item missing.
[09:17:45] GM: That would be Komi
[09:17:53] Febrith Nyx: Indeed.
[09:18:11] 2LT Komillia Maeless: Alright, where did that Gundam manga go?
[09:18:18] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[09:19:01] GM: So what do?
[09:19:11] GM: I'm not gonna have Suki totally spoon feed ya
[09:19:20] 2LT Komillia Maeless looks around for the culprit. [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[09:19:30] GM: Imeant about the other situation
[09:21:02] Febrith Nyx: "Anyone good with messing with modern sensors? I have some training on how to tinker with power armor of the past and such from back home but they may not cut it here."
[09:22:24] CWO3 Sarah hmms at that and shakes her head. "Not really… need an electronics tech for that. be nice if we had someone like that, but…" she shrugs.
[09:23:11] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): I say we bag ourselves a bad guy.
[09:24:02] CWO3 Sarah nods at that. "Indeed. Need to catch whoever is replacing them, in the act.
[09:24:29] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): That and an intell catch like that should be worth something.
[09:24:33] Febrith Nyx: Yes. And how do we do that when the brass doesn't want us doing squat on our own? We need to lay a trap where we can see when they do it, how they do it, and if we can track it back.
[09:24:48] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): We force their hand too.
[09:25:04] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): I dont think they will turn away a prisoner.
[09:25:25] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): And if they do, then we have an idea on how far this all goes up.
[09:26:25] Febrith Nyx: WWith our lack of intel, that is a risky manuver. I say we alter their sensors to let us know when they do their thing. After all, for all we know they could be showing up when we are supposed to be sleeping or eating.
[09:26:56] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Would work, but none of us know how to do that.
[09:27:13] Febrith Nyx: I can at least TRY.
[09:27:17] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): And as you said, no one at the firebase would assist us.
[09:29:39] Febrith Nyx: There is another factor in this you have failed to consider: We know nothing of how these Bondar think. To date all the info we have is that they behave like pirates. However, we have been out there alone many times and wouldn't have taken much for them to ambush and capture 4 low-ranked soldiers if they wanted us. So how would you propose on baiting them? We have no idea what they really want.
[09:31:04] Febrith Nyx: The same sets of actions can have over a hundred different root causes, and what may trigger the desired response in what set of those causes may cause something entirely different in another.
[09:31:04] CWO3 Sarah nods just a little at that, and ponders it.
[09:32:35] Febrith Nyx: So unless we can get "lost" out there and follow the bad guys back to their base where we can observe their activities and determine their base psychology your plan is not highly probably to work. I do not mean this condescendingly, but your plan carries a ridiculously high risk of failure.
[09:33:05] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): The bait is easy, we have proof that they are replacing the sensor. So, whats to stop 4 low ranking soldiers from picking off one of their tech teams in the process.
[09:33:31] Febrith Nyx: Having no idea when they do it, or the ability to be out there when they do it?
[09:33:53] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): We have a term for that where we come from. I believe it was called a steak out.
[09:34:35] Febrith Nyx: And our bosses aren't going to blow that by radioing us constantly or sending out a rescure squad that makes a large amount of noise?
[09:35:02] CWO3 Sarah: "I somehow doubt they'd care enough to send out a rescue."
[09:35:03] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Radios can be turned off, and who says we have to tell them where we are. They have to sleep as well.
[09:35:52] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): I'll talk to the Sargeant about it though, appeal to her sensabilities, if not that, her pocket book.
[09:36:23] Febrith Nyx: Fine, I gues that is the best we'll get.
[09:36:55] 2LT Komillia Maeless: Meanwhile, help me find what was stolen.
[09:37:11] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): [1d100] => [58] = (58) Charm vs 80% [1d100] => [39] = (39) Trust vs 55%
[09:37:39] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) returns some time later.
[09:37:44] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Okay, Sarge is on board.
[09:38:08] CWO3 Sarah smiles a bit at that. "Good to hear."
[09:38:32] Febrith Nyx looks around a bit, and sets up a trap in case some one tries it again. [1d20] => [14] = (14) PERC, [1d100] => [92] = (92) vs 63 Psych Warfare for the trap, [1d100] => [46] = (46) vs 73 Chemistry for a basic if humiliating chemical agent for that trap
[09:39:13] GM: You are pretty sure your chemical works, but, no one steps into your trap
[09:40:32] Febrith Nyx: ((takes a ballpeen hammer to the dice))
[09:40:43] GM: The Sarge is able to slip you some night vision gear and a few remote sensors of your own.
[09:42:11] GM: ((Your amor by the way is roughly equal to ASC armor in terms of protection
[09:42:55] CWO3 Sarah: (( cool :) ))
[09:43:22] GM: so what do
[09:43:27] GM: work with me
[09:45:38] CWO3 Sarah checks over the night vision gear and nods, glancing to the others. "We need to place ours better than theirs." She looks for a map of the area. "If we can narrow where we've found the sensors, and take out several in a small space, it'll be easiest to get full coverage…"
[09:47:43] Febrith Nyx gears up. "We should place the sensors in such a way we can triangulate their position as long as they go after at least two of the replaced sensors.
[09:48:11] CWO3 Sarah nods just a little at that, gearing up herself quickly.
[09:48:26] GM: [1d100] => [57] = (57) tactics vs 98% , [1d100] => [51] = (51) intell vs 80% [1d100] => [15] = (15) Camo v 83%
[09:48:37] 2LT Komillia Maeless gears up still looking for her book. [1d20] => [14] = (14)
[09:49:29] GM: Suki does her leadership and captiny type stuff and directs the placement of the sensors as you all.
[09:50:28] GM: Her hunches and training pays off and well into the evening. You detect the creeping approach of a [1d4+1] => [2,1] = (3) Tangos
[09:51:45] GM: And suki did break out the Diasho for this outing
[09:52:13] GM: Okay, inits
[09:52:26] GM: unless yall wanna do something before the fur starts to fly
[09:52:35] CWO3 Sarah: [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
[09:52:41] GM: guess not
[09:52:59] CWO3 Sarah: (( unless James does. ))
[09:53:04] CWO3 Sarah: (( if he does, I'll gladly wait ))
[09:53:04] 2LT Komillia Maeless: [1d20+2] => [12,2] = (14)
[09:53:20] Bondar: [1d20+1] => [6,1] = (7)
[09:53:20] Bondar: [1d20+1] => [19,1] = (20)
[09:53:20] Bondar: [1d20+1] => [17,1] = (18)
[09:53:20] Febrith Nyx: [1d20+2] => [7,2] = (9)
[09:53:45] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): [1d20+7] => [12,7] = (19)
[09:54:11] Bondar: [1d20+2] => [15,2] = (17) Perc
[09:54:23] CWO3 Sarah: (( oooh. hehe ))
[09:54:24] Bondar: [1d100] => [80] = (80) Detect conceal
[09:56:49] GM: One Bondar stops and kneels, clearly detecting something out of place, but, as he looks around, you can tell he cant see anything.
[09:58:38] GM: Your weapons are = to a LAR1-0
[09:58:42] GM: LAR -10
[09:59:17] GM: Nyx,
[10:02:12] Febrith Nyx watches the Bondar looking for an opening to take down the Bondar without screwing up the mission. [1d20] => [12] = (12) PERC
[10:02:24] Febrith Nyx: [1d30] => [19] = (19) vs 23 IQ
[10:02:52] GM: If they continue closer they should be able to be man handled to the ground, but right now, they are about 50 feet away.
[10:03:16] Febrith Nyx holds action to determine enemy movements.
[10:03:21] GM: Sarah
[10:04:08] CWO3 Sarah breathes very quietly, just watching the enemy for the moment, thinking. [1d20+1] => [4,1] = (5) perc
[10:04:12] CWO3 Sarah: (( ow ))
[10:04:19] GM: Ooo a butterfly
[10:04:23] GM: Komi
[10:04:31] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[10:06:34] 2LT Komillia Maeless keeps a watchful eye on the enemy while lining up a shot to the knee of the most oppritune Bondar should they turn away from the group. (AIm action, + [1d20] => [20] = (20) PERC)
[10:07:03] GM: [1d20] => [5] = (5) , [1d20] => [18] = (18)
[10:07:12] GM: [1d100] => [42] = (42)
[10:07:54] GM: The Bondar continue forward wearily, moving with a lot more caution then you figure the other back at base would use.
[10:09:15] GM: The move up another [1d30+5] => [13,5] = (18) feet before stopping again. [1d100] => [1] = (1) lower the number the further to the left of the group, higher number further to the right, closer to 50, right in the middle
[10:09:34] GM: They move up 18 feet to the far left of your position
[10:09:47] GM: [1d20] => [19] = (19)
[10:09:51] GM: [1d100] => [72] = (72)
[10:10:34] GM: The lead Bondar stops and holds his weapon up, looking increasingly fidgity as he looks around.
[10:11:14] GM: [1d20] => [15] = (15) and [1d100] => [89] = (89) tactics (for B2)
[10:11:40] GM: motions the others forward [1d20] => [15] = (15) [1d100] => [36] = (36)
[10:12:13] GM: The thrid one stops, and points to the ground, he has located one of your sensors.
[10:12:27] GM: [1d100] => [18] = (18)
[10:12:43] GM: The lead Bondar waves his arm backwards and starts to back off
[10:13:01] GM: Nyx
[10:13:57] Febrith Nyx fires the rifle three times at the leader. [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12) [1d20+3] => [13,3] = (16) [1d20+3] => [17,3] = (20)
[10:14:21] GM: This is a surpise ambush, so no dodges, Roll damage,
[10:14:22] GM: Sarah
[10:14:41] Febrith Nyx: ((what is the damage roll because i cannot find the LAR-10/))
[10:14:53] GM: page 177 ASC book
[10:14:57] GM: 9d6
[10:15:04] GM: for a burst,
[10:15:33] Febrith Nyx: [9d6+9d6+9d6] => [3,6,4,4,3,3,5,3,1,5,4,4,5,4,4,2,1,2,4,2,4,1,1,5,6,5,4] = (95)
[10:15:35] CWO3 Sarah: (( (1d4*10)+6 actually ))
[10:15:45] GM: I saw 9d6
[10:15:47] GM: say
[10:15:49] CWO3 Sarah: (( wait, nm ))
[10:15:51] CWO3 Sarah: (( okay ))
[10:15:54] CWO3 Sarah: (( hee hee ))
[10:16:49] GM: Your shots pitch him over onto his back with his chest plate ragged and smoldering.
[10:16:51] GM: Sarah
[10:17:56] GM: and Komi
[10:20:02] 2LT Komillia Maeless uses her first aimed shot to take out one knee of the guy to the left of the leader, then takes another aim action and fires on the other knee. [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14) [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29)
[10:20:32] GM: roll damadge to both, but only on hits the called target
[10:20:40] GM: Sarah, waiting on you
[10:20:50] 2LT Komillia Maeless: [3d6] => [5,5,5] = (15) [3d6] => [2,2,2] = (6)
[10:21:10] CWO3 Sarah blinks and swears slightly, taking an action to aim her own shot… [1d20+1] => [2,1] = (3) perc, then trying to do likewise on the third one. [1d20+4] => [3,4] = (7) [1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12) (plus whatever aim bonus if there is one)
[10:21:15] CWO3 Sarah: (( holy god. ))
[10:21:19] CWO3 Sarah: (( that roll was full of fail ))
[10:21:31] GM: Niether shot does all that much,
[10:21:50] GM: roll damage
[10:22:21] CWO3 Sarah: [9d6] => [3,1,4,1,2,5,3,1,5] = (25) [9d6] => [3,6,3,2,2,2,3,6,2] = (29)
[10:22:27] CWO3 Sarah: (( oh wait. ))
[10:22:31] CWO3 Sarah: [3d6] => [5,6,5] = (16) [3d6] => [5,1,1] = (7)
[10:22:35] CWO3 Sarah: (( aimed can't be burst ))
[10:22:38] CWO3 Sarah: (( oops ))
[10:22:58] GM: pew pew, not much else on top of Komi's damage
[10:23:12] GM: [15+16+7] => 38
[10:23:22] CWO3 Sarah: (( I was shooting at the one who hadn't been shot at ))
[10:23:50] CWO3 Sarah: (( or did I miss-state that? whichever. ))
[10:23:52] GM: kk
[10:23:57] CWO3 Sarah: (( anyway ))
[10:24:50] GM: Suki fires three bursts at the one sarah shot at, going for the leg [1d20+11] => [11,11] = (22), [1d20+11] => [5,11] = (16) and [1d20+11] => [4,11] = (15)
[10:25:09] GM: [9d6] => [5,6,6,3,2,2,4,5,1] = (34) leg [18d6] => [6,4,1,4,2,3,6,2,5,1,1,6,6,1,3,1,2,2] = (56) MB
[10:26:10] GM: The Bondar is pitched forward by the leg shots then tossed backwards by the impact to the chest.
[10:26:21] GM: Both B1 and B3 lose an attack as they have been knocked down,
[10:26:26] GM: Nyx
[10:27:10] Febrith Nyx switches targets to B2. [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21) [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9) [1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7)
[10:27:29] GM: [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21), [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24) and [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15) dodges
[10:27:37] GM: You hit once
[10:27:57] GM: Sarah
[10:28:24] Febrith Nyx: [9d6] => [2,2,4,1,1,5,3,1,5] = (24)
[10:28:36] GM: Komi
[10:30:14] GM: guys?
[10:30:16] CWO3 Sarah fires three quick shots at target B2, since they're standing. [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22) [1d20+4] => [3,4] = (7) [1d20+4] => [17,4] = (21)
[10:30:20] GM: gonna roll or stuff?
[10:30:29] CWO3 Sarah: (( yes, sorry, was looking something up ))
[10:30:41] 2LT Komillia Maeless gets up and charges at b3 to pin him down and disarm him/ [1d20+7] => [5,7] = (12)
[10:31:35] GM: Bondar two will simo the first shot and then run / dodge the last two [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14) at [1d4] => [3] = (3) 1 komi, 2 nyx, 3 sarah, 4 suki and his dodges [1d20+8] => [17,8] = (25) [1d20+8] => [3,8] = (11)
[10:31:54] GM: Sarah you hit him twice and get hit once
[10:31:59] CWO3 Sarah: [6d6] => [4,6,1,3,3,2] = (19)
[10:32:02] GM: [9d6] => [4,3,3,6,6,5,4,2,2] = (35) to Sarah
[10:32:24] CWO3 Sarah: (( owie ))
[10:32:25] CWO3 Sarah: (( hehe ))
[10:32:34] GM: [1d20+8] => [1,8] = (9) to resist komi
[10:32:38] GM: You have him!
[10:33:13] 2LT Komillia Maeless: I got one prisoner. Do wha tyou want to the other two.
[10:33:38] CWO3 Sarah: (( *cheers* ))
[10:34:05] GM: Suki races after the fleeing Bondar firing at the legs, then steping ito a butt strke to the back of the head. [1d20+11] => [9,11] = (20) and [1d20+11] => [14,11] = (25)
[10:34:12] GM: [9d6] => [6,5,1,4,3,4,6,1,5] = (35)
[10:34:59] GM: the shots pitch him forward and Suki's butt stroke impacts witha loud crunch [1d10+8] => [10,8] = (18) crit from behind SDC
[10:35:05] GM: [18*2] => 36
[10:36:12] GM: B1 whips up his rifle and fires at Nyx [1d20+7] => [2,7] = (9) [1d20+7] => [13,7] = (20) and [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10)
[10:36:19] GM: Two possible hits
[10:37:01] Febrith Nyx: [1d20+4] => [5,4] = (9) [1d20+4] => [6,4] = (10)
[10:37:12] GM: two hits [18d6] => [1,4,3,4,2,6,6,1,4,6,3,4,3,1,6,3,6,5] = (68)
[10:37:32] GM: You are pitched over onto you dainty Trow kiester
[10:37:40] GM: you lose one attack,
[10:37:46] GM: Your turn
[10:38:44] Febrith Nyx: ((out of attacks))
[10:38:49] GM: Sarah
[10:39:48] GM: also out of attacks
[10:39:50] GM: Komi
[10:39:51] CWO3 Sarah: (( ack, had scroll off. Hmm… ))
[10:39:55] CWO3 Sarah: (( oh ))
[10:39:57] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[10:41:26] GM: komi has 2 attacks left I believe
[10:42:01] 2LT Komillia Maeless simply keeps hold of her prisoner, and then tries to knock him out. [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27)
[10:42:08] GM: Doink!
[10:42:25] GM: Suki will pummle the guy in the back of the head once more [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14)
[10:42:40] GM: not spectacular, but still a hit…
[10:42:49] GM: although upa bit on the back.
[10:42:59] GM: [1d10+8] => [10,8] = (18)
[10:43:16] GM: another [18*2] => 36 SDC
[10:43:23] GM: [3d6*2] => 30
[10:43:31] GM: [36*2] => 72
[10:43:37] GM: yeah, he's feeling the ouch
[10:44:45] GM: new round, B1, gets up, fires at Komi to gether off his buddy [1d20+7] => [3,7] = (10) and [1d20+7] => [6,7] = (13) then moves back
[10:45:10] GM: Komi two prossible, Nyx, your turn
[10:45:39] 2LT Komillia Maeless: [1d20+10] => [7,10] = (17) ((out of attacks.))
[10:45:47] 2LT Komillia Maeless: ((new round? if not still out of attacks))
[10:45:53] CWO3 Sarah: (( new round ))
[10:46:08] GM: Meanwhile back at the firebase, the sounds of the fight have gotten everyone all up, and there is a dull WHOMP as the bases morter fires a round
[10:46:10] 2LT Komillia Maeless: [1d20+7] => [10,7] = (17)
[10:46:22] 2LT Komillia Maeless: [1d20+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[10:46:28] GM: Komi you simply lay flat atop your KOed prey and the shots whizz over you
[10:46:34] Febrith Nyx: ((te +10 was a mistake))
[10:46:49] GM: oh, well, one hit [9d6] => [4,2,4,6,6,2,5,2,6] = (37)
[10:47:07] Febrith Nyx fires on b1. [1d20+3] => [20,3] = (23) [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14) [1d20+3] => [10,3] = (13)
[10:47:12] GM: the rounds sear across your back
[10:47:30] GM: [1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26), [1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22) and [1d20+8] => [9,8] = (17)
[10:47:37] GM: damage
[10:47:42] GM: on the crit pelase
[10:48:32] Febrith Nyx: [9d6*2] => 54
[10:48:58] GM: You shred his midsection , exploding his guts
[10:49:02] GM: Sarah
[10:49:57] CWO3 Sarah blinks, seeing the two otthers in hand, and pausing. She moves up to help guard the one Komi is on top of, for the moment (Suki is right on one, Komi right on the other, yes?)
[10:50:04] GM: yes
[10:50:21] GM: and Komi is about 20 foot away, Suki is about 40
[10:50:25] GM: Komi
[10:50:41] CWO3 Sarah: (( right. Well /start/ moving to help guard anyhow ))
[10:51:31] GM: Suki rips the helmet off the enemy, [1d20+11] => [5,11] = (16)
[10:51:41] GM: v [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21)
[10:51:56] GM: And tries again [1d20+11] => [13,11] = (24) v [1d20+8] => [5,8] = (13)
[10:52:02] 2LT Komillia Maeless: ((are there two down or three?))
[10:52:17] GM: then applies Tamishiwara to the back of his head [1d20+11] => [1,11] = (12) v [1d20+8] => [1,8] = (9)
[10:52:22] GM: hmm
[10:52:29] GM: what to do with that…
[10:52:41] 2LT Komillia Maeless: ((it's a miss.))
[10:52:45] GM: clearly
[10:52:57] GM: B3 [1d100] => [100] = (100)
[10:53:15] GM: Pisses himself and surrenders amidst sobs
[10:53:43] Bondar: No kill I!
[10:53:51] CWO3 Sarah: (( Komi had one I thought, on the ground, and another was blown into gibs… ))
[10:53:56] CWO3 Sarah: (( rotfl ))
[10:53:57] Bondar: yup
[10:54:39] GM: The missed punch hit the ground next to the Bondars face, and well, guess a 1 and a 100 double crit fail, works for something…
[10:54:57] GM: three wrongs make a right
[10:55:29] GM: meanwhile Suki plays off the embaresisng miss as if she mane to to it all along [1d100] => [52] = (52) vs impress
[10:55:37] CWO3 Sarah: (( rotfl ))
[10:55:55] GM: the mortar round detonates in midair, it's an ilumination round
[10:56:33] GM: roll a d20 to beat roll is a 15, to get you NV off in time
[10:56:37] GM: [1d20] => [11] = (11) suki
[10:56:46] CWO3 Sarah: [1d20] => [13] = (13)
[10:56:51] CWO3 Sarah: (( gah. ))
[10:56:53] 2LT Komillia Maeless: [1d20] => [19] = (19)
[10:56:57] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[10:56:59] Febrith Nyx: [1d20] => [10] = (10)
[10:57:07] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) slams her visor up and blinks ahrd
[10:57:10] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Ghaaaa…
[10:57:32] GM: Komi you're good
[10:57:41] CWO3 Sarah trips and crashes down, pulling on her visor and blinking hard. "Erk…"
[10:57:47] GM: Nyx, you think you just got blinded for life…
[10:57:51] CWO3 Sarah: (( lol ))
[10:58:01] GM: since you've never had this happen to you,
[10:58:19] GM: well, the others might not have either, but at least they know WHAT happened and why
[10:59:03] CWO3 Sarah: (( yeah ))
[10:59:06] CWO3 Sarah: (( lolol ))
[10:59:40] Febrith Nyx: "Please tell me you people have the tech to reverse blindness?"
[10:59:42] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) rubs her eyes, as she secures her weeping prisoner.
[11:00:29] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): Flip your visor up and it'll pass.
[11:00:38] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual): C'mon you…
[11:01:01] Cpt Ishida (Delta Actual) huffs as she lifts the bondar to his feet, slinging his weapon over her shoulder.
[11:01:44] CWO3 Sarah rubs her eyes, grumbling and getting up.
[11:02:27] GM: You guys frog march the two pirate types back to base along with their gear, which includes a pack of sensors. and other technical gear.
[11:03:02] GM: and I will call it here

END LOG

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License